Saturday, May 23, 2015

We've been really lately, trying to enjoy our time together, plus Joel has been working a lot so it had been extra busy. Last Thursday we went to the MN Zoo again. 






Last Friday we went to the gym. I had to leave the first class because Bennett had a poopy diaper and then I had to leave the second class because Caroline was fussy. Oh well, at least I got to go to the classes for a bit. Then we went for a walk in the afternoon. 


Bennett ate yogurt, or yoyo as he calls it. 


Then he built towers. He's been playing with Legos more now, and actually wants to build things with them, rather than just knock them down. He has a special concentration tongue. 


Saturday we went to garage sales. Bennett got two new cars, for a quarter each and was thrilled. 

Sunday, Caroline looked particularly adorable. 




Monday we went to the gym and library. Grandma came over after work and slept over for a couple days because Joel was out of town. Bennett loved that, plus our house had never been cleaner. Caroline also participated in her first FaceTime. She was having a hard time calming down for bed but after seeing and hearing Daddy, she calmed right down and I was able to walk her to her room and lay her down in bed. 






Tuesday we went to the museum again. Bennett ate cauliflower for the first time. We've been offering it to him for months and finally he ate a few pieces (with ketchup)!















Caroline played with corn to keep herself occupied. When I changed her into her pajamas in the evening, there was a kernel stuck in her belly button. Bennett also are an entire strawberry sundae. Caroline had DQ for the second time and couldn't get enough of it. She kept grabbing onto my hand for more. 




Then Bennett asked for more...



Wednesday Caroline woke up late. She was still in bed after 7 am. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. It's been nice for both kids to sleep in until 6:45-7. It'll be a rough transition when they have to be up around 6:20 for daycare but we'll tackle that when we get there. 
We went to the gym and the tackled the last thing on my mommy vacation bucket list. 

Bennett had a great time and didn't want to leave. 







Bennett stood here forever, contemplating life. (He seriously stood there for five minutes.) 



Caroline tried banana for the first time. She just wasn't a fan of eating solids that day. 






Thursday we went to Como Zoo. Bennett  was really excited to go but was grumpy and hated everything once we got there. I kept opening the sun visor to talk to him and he'd pull it shut saying, "no," to everything I said. 

Doing potato fries with a friend. 
He wanted to ride all the rides in Como Town but we made it out without any crying. I also told him we needed to wait for Daddy to go with us, which he seemed to be okay with. 
Since he was so miserable at the zoo we went to the park. He was happy about that. 



Then we went to a playground at night. 

And Caroline didn't want to go to bed. 


Friday we went to the gym. Between classes I went to check on Bennett and found him towing a vehicle. He's been obsessed with his toy trucks towing other vehicles lately. 

Then Caroline actually got to spend some time swinging... Bennett wasn't too thrilled about her in the swing because he wanted to swing. He kept saying, "baby all done," but didn't throw a fit, so that's not too bad for a two year old! 




No comments:

Post a Comment