Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Today we went to the gym and then met Brielle at Medicine Lake park. It was an impromptu get together so we didn't have the appropriate sun blocking attire but Bennett had fun. Afterwards, when we were eating lunch at home Bennett said, "I love Brielle." I asked him to repeat it and my ears did not deceive me the first time. But then he went on to say something about puddles. Brielle was jumping in puddles and he wanted to do the same, only he wasn't wearing boots so I wouldn't let him do it. So maybe it is her love of puddles that he likes. 


"Cheese!" He said, because he knew I wanted to take his picture. 




Bennett went down for his nap pretty easily but Caroline was another story. Since she starts daycare in a little over two weeks, there's no point in training her, so she slept on my most comfortable bed ever. 


After naps I picked the biggest piece of earwax out of Bennett's ear. Seriously huge. Worth taking a picture of. Over a quarter of an inch long. 

Then Bennett played outside while I made dinner. Caroline chewed on pear and liked it. It was cold so I think it felt good on her gums. 

Then Bennett wanted his picture taken. 
After dinner we went for a walk. The Y was having some block party type of thing so we stopped by. Bennett got a mini-football so basically it was the best days ever. Caroline fell asleep towards the end of the walk but woke up when we got home. Then we all sat on the swing and enjoyed the nice weather. I had to coax Bennett back inside by telling him we could throw the football around. Then while I was putting Caroline to sleep Bennett quietly, but not so patiently waited for me in the hallway. He kept rolling his football into the door but otherwise didn't make a peep, which is pretty impressive for him. When it was clear Caroline wasn't going to fall asleep we went into Bennett's room to get him read for bed. As we were about to cuddle and read, Caroline wanted nothing to do with it, so I brought her back to her room, have her a quick cuddle and laid her down awake. She rolled into her stomach and went to sleep. No crying. Just went to sleep. Amazing. Bennett was a different story and wanted to keep reading. Then there was some patting of the pillow and him saying, "Mommy, lay down." "Mommy, cuddle." It's always so hard to say no because I know a day will come when he won't want to cuddle but he'd lay here awake for hours if he could too. He did say, "Oh yes I do, Mommy!" a few times tonight. I don't know what I'm going to do without him when I go back to work. As frustrating as he can be at times, I love hearing what he has to say. Today at both lunch and dinner he asked me what my favorite vehicles are. Then he told me his, which basically means he names off about five different ones. And I love when he starts singing to himself. When he sings Row Row Row the Boat, he can't seem to get the 'merrily, merrily, merrily' part down and it comes out more like, "mah-lala mah-lala mah-lala." I love it! Nothing makes me happier than when he starts singing. No poops on the toilet today though, like he did yesterday. It's okay, I'll keep buying him diapers as long as he keeps singing and telling me, "Oh yes I do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment