Monday, May 25, 2015

Today Bennett woke up wanting to read the vehicle "magazine" grandpa gave him. 





Then he spent his time drawing circles after breakfast. His drawing has turned from scribbling to more focused drawing as of late. I was pretty impressed with circles, especially because he said, "I drawing circles!" At least there wasn't a question about what it was... The car wash he drew later would've been more difficult to guess. 



In the afternoon he took my phone and took a bunch of selfies with it, or "cheese" as he calls pictures. 



After dinner the baths took their first bath together. Caroline was definitely unsure of getting in the tub with her big brother. She kept grabbing onto me with a firm grip. 

Then Bennett made matters worse by trying to pour water on her head... And then her face when she was laying down as I was washing her hair. And after that she wasn't trusting anyone in the bath, nor was she enjoying herself. 






And then Bennett got a car for peeing on the toilet before bed. A pee on the toilet is a great way to kick off the week. I always hope he'll go on the toilet at least once a week (I have pretty low goals) so we've already reached our goal!

Caroline's right tooth has broken through. Poor thing. She doesn't se nearly as uncomfortable this time around as she did with her first two teeth. It she did have a bit of diaper rash developing. Hopefully the diaper cream and powder will do the trick!

Two days left of maternity leave! So sad and I can't imagine not spending every day with them. Caroline is going to have the hardest time with me gone, since she won't take a bottle. Bennett and I talk about it every day. He knows he is going back to school and names of the people he will see. Sometimes he brings it up but often I do. When we talk about it sometimes he says, "mommy go to work. Bennett go to school. See friends. Nap... I cry." And I remind him that mommy will probably cry too, and it's okay to be sad and miss each other but it's okay to have fun because we'll see each other afterwards. "Mommy comes back," is something he has picked up during leave. We've read books about mommies leaving, we had to talk about it when we first started going to the gym daycare, and at ECFE. He does always say that baby Caroline will be with him at school too. And I tell him she will probably miss him too, and maybe he can visit her if he gets very sad. He does seem excited to go back though, so that's reassuring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment