Monday, October 26, 2015

Selfie at the playground

Painting

Quiet reading time after naps

When Joel dropped Bennett off for daycare this morning we found out croup has been going around. We're pretty sure that's what he has as his coughing is seal-like and happens a lot more at night. He had a rough night last night but was fine going to daycare. When it was bedtime though, we remembered we had to FaceTime grandpa to wish him a happy birthday. Grandma asked him why he looked so sad. "Because I am tired," he replied. He wanted me to read to him. Our third and final book at called '12 days of New York' where they had rewritten the lyrics of '12 Days of Christmas." When I finished singing the book, I asked Bennett if he liked it. He said yes. Then we turned out the lights and chatted a bit before he fell asleep. When we were chatting he suddenly said, "I don't like that song book." I asked why. "It's too long!" What a kid. Loves reading and loves singing so he can't just close his eyes and go to sleep. He needed to finish it out. He was starting to run a fever when I left his room but only around 100. Tonight will be day 4 of sickness so I'd imagine he will be on the upswing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment