The kids got up early again and it was hot and steamy. We attempted family pictures and a cake smashing on the beach but it was way too hot. Caroline was tired and miserable and Bennett didn't want to look at the camera. We decided to give up and go to the pool instead. Naturally after we were in the pool, the clouds came out and the kids became more cheerful... And it was too late to get back into picture attire. Oh well, at least we had fun swimming.
Caroline was playing hard to get with Sara the whole trip but finally Sara managed to get a smile out of her.
Success! Then she went back to being indifferent. Friday morning Bennett saw this turtle and immediately asked if he could ride it. I told him absolutely not but when Sara's mom met him, she told him he had to ride the turtle.
And did some jumping.
The airport included a ride on the tram. We sat in front, much to Bennett's delight. We were in the very last row of the plane which was uncomfortable hit his plane had individual screens for each seat. Bennett asked to watch a video and we decided to make life a little easy for ourselves and just let him... The entire flight. It is by far the most tv he has ever watched at once but it was super nice to have a nice still kid. Caroline managed to be incredibly fussy and wiggly for the flight. After an hour she fell asleep and managed to sleepy for an hour. Then we fed her peas and corn slowly... That took up 15 minutes. Then she was just a beast for the last 45 minutes of the flight. She didn't want to be held, wanted to grab the seat in front of us, kept screeching. It was miserable but we made it.
A little sneak peek into Caroline's 21st birthday:
After the pool Caroline crashed hard.
She was in such a deep sleep I had no problems leaving her alone on the couch so that I could go outside and have lunch. She slept for nearly 2 hours. I even managed to sneak in a 30 minute nap. Since she fell asleep with wet hair, it was a mess when she got up.
We drove to get some ice cream and then headed back to grill for dinner.
Sunday
We woke to slightly chilly weather. It was a surprise. No humidity and once the sun came out, it was perfect. Plus Caroline was in a fantastic mood. Naturally I wanted to give the cake smashing another attempt so we headed out by ourselves to give it a go.
It went much better but unfortunately without Sara there, we couldn't get a good family photo. We did manage a selfie though.
Then I told Bennett we needed to head back because we were running out of time before we needed to leave to the airport. Bennett did a bit of yoga.
And he said goodbye to the beach.
When we got back to the trailer to pack we realized we had a little bit of time so Bennett and I headed to the pool.
Too sunny:
We had a nice leisurely time. We swam around and sang the Laurie Berkner fishie song. Bennett liked when I swung him around in circles. After a half hour he said he was done and said goodbye to the pool.
Thankfully both kids took naps on the drive to the airport. It was a bit early for Bennett to nap but I was just grateful he napped at all since I didn't think he would on the plane.
Overall the trip wasn't as relaxing as I would've hoped. We went to bed after the kids and they always woke us up. I felt exhausted coming home but at least it was a relaxed exhaustion, instead of a stressed one. I guess I'd say the first vacation as a family of four was a success!



































No comments:
Post a Comment