I was too lazy to being a costume that involved changing Caroline's entire outfit so I decided to make good use of a gift that would fit over her daycare clothes.
The second store also had a DJ throwing a dance party (I was surprised by how many kids loved dancing), face painting, balloon animals, crazy hair painting, temporary tattoos and tons of treats.
On our way out we had to walk past the dance party and they were handing out light sticks. Bennett got swallowed up by the crowd of kids grabbing for them and didn't get one. The look on his face as he looked around at the other kids was heartbreaking. I could tell the DJs felt bad as they started handing out necklaces but as they came around to give Bennett one, I just had to ask if they had anymore light sticks. The DJ manning the music saw me asking because he ducked down to look for more. Luckily for Bennett he found some more.
Needless to say he was quite happy and skipped and hipped the entire walk to the car. As I told him when we got home, "When you are happy, I am happy. It makes me happy to see you so happy."

















No comments:
Post a Comment