Monday, April 20, 2015

Today we had ECFE in the morning. Bennett did a great job not crying when the adults left for discussion. Afterwards we went home and had lunch. Bennett ate leftover sticky rice from dim sum and commented on how Gung Gung makes sticky rice. 

Caroline was exhausted from the morning, having not really taken a nap so after lunch I spent a few minutes in her room with her while Bennett played downstairs. Eventually she fell asleep and I laid her down in her crib while I read to Bennett and put him to sleep. 


Bennett went down super easily and was nearly asleep by the time I left his room at 12:45. Soon after Caroline woke up. She did manage to sleep about an hour in her crib. I knew she was still tired so I rocked her in the glider and set her down in her crib again. I realized with Bennett we spent a lot of time in his room, rocking, reading and singing in the rocking chair. With Caroline we rarely spend any time in her room. We don't even have diaper wipes in there because we don't even change her in there. No wonder she doesn't feel comfortable sleeping in there. It's a totally foreign place to her. So I've resolved to spend more time with her in there. She slept about another half hour in the crib and woke again. I figured two hours in the crib was a good start so we went downstairs, and she continued sleeping while I held her, naturally. I only have five weeks left of maternity leave so if I want to hold her, I will! 



Eventually I was able to set her down. 

Bennett woke up from his nap around 2:40. Between him and Caroline there was screaming and crying in the house from then until about 3:30. I was going mental. Caroline continues with the diaper rash so I eventually gave her Tylenol and picked everyone up for the gym. If I'm going to be miserable, is rather be miserable on the treadmill than with two whiny angry kids. Bennett actually was happy to go to the daycare and went in without a fight. After the gym Bennett played outside while I made dinner. It was his first time playing on the swingset and he loved it. 


Here he is serving me imaginary ice cream. 

After dinner Caroline laid naked for a bit. Last week it helped clear up the diaper rash quickly so we're hopeful it works again. 

Then after Bennett went to bed we found out the cause of Caroline's fussiness (and probably diarrhea). 



A TOOTH!! And what looks to be its friend about to pop out. 
Poor thing and poor me because I'm sure the biting is about to begin. 

It should also be noted that we're attempting to have Caroline sleep in her crib tonight. She screamed for a half hour and fell asleep. And then woke up screaming, so I rocker her and patted her back for a while and she fell back asleep. She is currently in her crib sleeping. I have a feeling she'll be back in our room by midnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment