The museum was quiet when we arrived, which was nice. Bennett climbed into the drivers seat of the bus, one of his favorite things to do. Then they had some stupid person in costume walking around. Totally Bennett's greatest fear. So not even 5 minutes in to our museum visit and we had tears.
And then of course he just wanted to be held, which I couldn't do since I had to push the stroller. Needless to say we were off to a rough start. We changed rooms and it seems to help, although Bennett was definitely on the lookout.
We spent a ton of time in the water area. Bennett's favorite thing was to race boats and balls down the little track. He probably spent 20 minutes doing that alone. He also spent a ton of time running around the ant hill. He finally got the nerve to go in the tunnels. It took some time. At first he'd just look in. Then he's run around elsewhere for a few minutes. Then he'd go back and crawl his body into the tunnel. Then he's come back out and see something else. After he'd head back and go further in, etc. it was quite the process by towards the end he was spending minutes in the tunnels, even trying to console a boy who didn't know how to get out. I think he became more comfortable when more kids were in the tunnels. He also ran up and down the ramp in the ant hill area maybe 8-10 times. He loved it. He did a lot of running, I was so exhausted following him.
By he end he was crawling into the tunnels and running out roaring like a lion. Then he's just run around roaring. It was hilarious and I caught quite a few parents smiling at home... Hopefully not wondering if he's insane. It was super cute though.
Both kids fell asleep on the way home. Bennett transferred into his bed perfectly. Caroline had a hard time falling asleep, which meant I couldn't nap. I slept maybe 20 minutes on and off while she was awake, laying with me, and naturally when she dozed off, Bennett woke up. From this point our day became chaotic and horrible. Maybe I was just too tired and low on patience, or Bennett was just crazy and tearing apart the house but it was stressful. Caroline wasn't able to nap with her loud brother around, and I needed to cook so I had to wear her, which I hate to do when I'm cooking.
So basically Bennett spent the afternoon destroying the house. He made a mess of goldfish crackers, and came to tell me the dogs were eating them. He also kept putting them in his shirt pocket, and then squeezing them so that they'd crumble. Argh! As he was eating corn he exclaimed, "I did it!" What did he do? Empty the jar of corn into the teeny metal lid, is there was a mound of loose corn on the lid, on the floor. And when I asked him to put it back in the jar he ran away, and I was wearing Caroline so I couldn't easily pick it up. I spent much of my time cooking stepping in little pieces of corn.













No comments:
Post a Comment