Oh, it was a joy. I actually contemplated leaving them in there but decided Child Protective Services would have a problem with that. Once inside Bennett's mood didn't improve.
After a long half hour, I got home to settle down a little and eat lunch (in his jacket and shoes). He ate all of his sticky rice and wanted more it we were out. Look at his sad mouth:
Poor kid. I actually felt really bad and told him if we had sticky rice, I'd make it for him but we just didn't have any left. After he ate, he was in a better mood and played in the living room while I put Caroline down for a nap.
He went down for a nap pretty well, considering the huge tantrum prior. Caroline didn't sleep long in her crib, as usual. She/we spent 2 hours in her room though, which is progress. Then we went downstairs so she could nap while I watched TV.
When Bennett woke up, we had popcorn, which made him super happy he really likes popcorn. Then we went for a walk. We kept hearing an owl and he's tell me the owl we saying hello. One time I heard him talking to himself. I couldn't make out all of it but it sounded like a conversation between him and the owl. "Good morning Bennett. Good morning owl." It was super cute and I've been impressed with how wonderful his imagination has been recently. He was anxious to get home because I told him he could play outside while I made dinner. He actually did a great job playing outside by himself and kept wanting me to push him on the swing. After a while, I was able to push him for a few minutes, which made him happy. After dinner we went to a park, which he was super excited about, and out for ice cream. He preferred vanilla over chocolate, which I found surprising. So our day ended well.











No comments:
Post a Comment